Getting a new dog can be an adventure. No two dogs have the same temperament, and behavioral issues that are present in one dog may not be an issue in another. At Michael’s Pack, our trainers are skilled in dealing with a wide variety of common behavioral issues in dogs.
We work with dogs and their owners to help correct the following dog behavior issues through communication and positive reinforcement:
- Puppy Training – For puppies, everything is new to them, and for this reason it is the best time to train them. It is much easier to train a puppy than an older dog with learned behaviors.
- In Home Dog Training – We place a focus on in home dog training because teaching a dog in their primary environment is easier and beneficial to learning important behaviors.
- Dog Obedience Training – We can design a specific program to target the problem areas for your new puppy or dog to get fast and lasting results through positive reinforcement.
- Puppy Potty Training – Puppy potty training is one of the most crucial aspects of training a new puppy. Nobody wants to deal with a dog that goes to the bathroom wherever they please within your home, and it is best to correct that behavior as early as possible.
- Dog Barking Training – Barking is a natural response for a dog, but it is possible to train your dog to stop barking in certain situations. The trainers at Michael’s Pack have years of experience teaching dogs to not bark excessively.
- Puppy Chewing – While chewing and nipping is normal puppy behavior, our goal is to show your puppy what is acceptable and what is off limits when it comes to chewing and/or nipping.
- Fear and Anxiety – Just like in humans, fear and anxiety is very real in dogs, and the trainers at Michael’s Pack can help your dog overcome these issues.
- Jumping – Dogs jump because they’re excited, but it can be a problematic behavior. We can train your dog to only jump in certain situations and also teach commands to get them to stop.
- Leash Training – Walking and Heel – The goal of this training is to teach your dog the heel command to make walks easier and more comfortable for you and your dog. With enough training you can take walks with your dog without a leash.
- Dog Socialization – Socialization is an important step in helping your dog grow up to be strong and confident.
- Dog Separation Anxiety – Not every dog deals with separation anxiety in the same way. If you suspect your dog may be suffering from separation anxiety, the experienced trainers at Michael’s Pack can help.
- Crate Training – With a new puppy or dog, crate training is a great way to start teaching them the rules of the house.
The experienced dog trainers at Michael’s Pack offer in home dog training in New Jersey and New York, as well as personal and group sessions at our facilities in Mineola, Long Island or Hauppauge, Long Island.